Energy Systems Consultant
About the Job
The need for green energy impacts and challenges the existing energy supply and enhances the need for sector-coupled and more complex energy systems. Our role at EMD is to help utilities as well as industry to find the most cost-effective solutions and operate their energy systems in the most economical way.
Your focus area will be the implementation of energyTRADE, which is EMD’s software solution to optimize the operation of existing plants.
You will further support our consulting department advising on energy systems projects ranging from feasibility studies to advising on industrial decarbonization. These tasks are solved using our commercial software solution energyPRO.
Based on experience from solving tasks mentioned above, a key deliverable is feedback to improve our SW solutions.
The position is based in our main office in Aalborg, Denmark, as part of the Consulting Team. You report to the Head of Consulting.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Support and execute energyTRADE installations
- Execute consulting tasks
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients
- Conduct sales meetings, both for consulting services as well as software solutions
- Develop the services and products of EMD further to meet current and future market and client demands including more international projects
- Software Support
- SW courses for energyPRO
Your professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Energy Systems, or related) from an accredited college or university
- Experience with energyPRO
- Relevant working experience in the district heating industry
- International experience is an advantage
- Consulting experience is an advantage
- Commercial understanding
Your personal qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Danish and English, with the ability to present and communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way in an international environment
- You are used to interact with clients, and you are comfortable in an outgoing role
- You are willing to travel around 40 days per year
- You have the proven ability to work with international teams
About the Company
EMD is a software house with decades of experience in delivering solutions and advisory to green energy projects. At EMD we believe that active engagement in green projects as advisor gives us the required knowledge and understanding needed for delivering top-class commercial SW solutions.
To solve various advisory tasks, EMD has developed commercially available software solutions for the techno-economic optimization covering the full life cycle of project: energyPRO is used during pre-construction phase for feasibility studies and investment decisions, energyTRADE for optimizing operational strategies and energyCHECK for review of budget assumptions. These tools are very versatile and specifically powerful for modelling sector-coupling, like PtX, but can also be used for finding the most cost-efficient solution for decarbonizing industrial processes.
For wind and solar projects, we have developed the industry-leading solution windPRO.
EMD is located in Aalborg, Denmark. Today, we employ around 40 people.
About your application
Send your application and detailed CV marked with Energy Consultant to following email address: email@example.com. All applications will be treated confidential.
Deadline for your application: 31.7.2022